Shakti Amla®, a substrate with a future
Shakti Amla® is a patented invention of Shakti Cocos B.V. Coir naturally has a pH of 6 - 7. Many plants require a lower pH. Owing to a new way of processing, Shakti Amla® may now be supplied with any desired stable, low pH.
Many crops, such as blueberries, may only be grown with a low pH. Using Shakti Amla® this may be done on 100% coir. PH-neutral crops also react better at a lower pH. Plants grow better, production is faster and greater, fruit quality improves and plants are harder, making them less susceptible to fungal infections. Crops in which Shakti Amla® has a clear added value include:
- Gerbera: less leaf yellowing, greater and faster production
- Strawberry: more production, better fruit quality and less mildew
- Phalaenopsis: cultivation on 100% coir is possible resulting in faster growth, less overgrowth of roots and no pot worms
- Blueberry: cultivation on 100% coir is possible
- Raspberry: cultivation on 100% coir is possible
- Various other crops
Ask about our solutions for soft fruit, orchids, young plants and other crops.